In my many years of experience in the aesthetics industry, I have worked with what feels like every form of micro-needling under the sun! I have found many to be effective however the results achieved with SkinPen are second to none!
What is micro needling?
Micro-needling is where you create micro (small) channels in the skin in order to stimulate the collagen and elastin lost in the area. From pitted scarring to unwanted lines and wrinkles or even just to give your skin a fresh glow, SkinPen is the answer.
How does it work?
When the skin is superficially penetrated with the SkinPen needles, collagen and elastin is stimulated in order to repair and heal the surface of the skin (we call this a superficial injury to the skin). By doing this – the new collagen and elastin helps to build what was lost in the first place.
Why choose SkinPen over other forms of micro needling?
- Proven results.
- FDA approved.
- More comfortable than many other forms of micro needling.
- Deeper penetration than many other forms of micro needling.
- Laboratory Tested and Validated to prevent the risk of cross contamination.
- Medically graded.
SkinPen step-by-step treatment
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly.
- I apply a numbing cream to the skin for 30 minutes to ensure you don’t feel uncomfortable during treatment.
- Remove the numbing cream and begin treatment. I glide the pen over the treatment area, paying special attention to all areas of concern.
- Wipe over the skin and apply sun protection.
- I will finish with aftercare advice and a complimentary ‘rescue’ cream for you to apply daily.
What is the aftercare and downtime with SkinPen?
- Downtime is usually 3 – 5 days (this will depend on how hydrated your skin is).
- Redness will occur for 1 – 3 days.
- Dryness will occur for 5 – 10 days (this can sometimes cause the skin to feel itchy, applying moisturiser will manage this).
- Mild swelling can occur for up to 7 days.
- I recommend the iS Clinical ‘Sheald Recovery Balm’ to use as often as needed (usually around twice a day).
- No exfoliants should be used for 14 days.
- Sun protection should be applied daily (if out and about in hot weather, this should be reapplied every 3 hours).
- Makeup can be worn 18 hours post treatment (this is how long it will take for the micro channels to fully close).
- Avoid steamers, hot baths/showers, saunas, swimming and heavy exercise for 48 hrs.
- Avoid touching the treatment area unless hands have been cleaned.
Who can have the SkinPen treatment?
If you are over the age of 16, you are able to have this treatment. One of the most amazing things about this form of micro-needling is that all Fitzpatrick skin types can have the treatment with no skin prep necessary. However, for the best results, a medically graded skincare routine is best alongside the in-clinic treatment.
What concerns can SkinPen treat?
- Acne scars
- Injury scars
- Stretch marks
- Lines and wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
- Sun damage
How many sessions do you need before seeing results?
Results can be seen after just one session. For best results, I advise a course of 3 – a month apart from each other.
How many times are you able to have the SkinPen treatment?
You can have this treatment as many times as you like! Some clients decide to have it every other month because they like the results so much! I would advise to keep up with the treatment once every 6 months, alongside monthly facials and a good skincare regime.
How much does this treatment cost?
For the stand alone treatment it is £200, or £480 for a course of three.
How to book
Call: 07500 932254